By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Vistas

vis·ta ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vst)n.

A distant view or prospect, especially one seen through an opening, as between rows of buildings or trees.
Have you ever seen a beautiful vista? Have you ever felt like you were stuck in a rut and longed for a new vista? Have you ever sat and talked with a Pastor only to have them pray over you and then say, “I feel like you are going to have many vistas to choose from.” To the all of the above I say yes, and I am not too sure what my reaction should be.

In less than a year life has so dramatically changed that I can’t even begin to explain. A year ago, I would have been up to my knees in processing fresh sockeye salmon. Today I am in what is referred to as “The Armpit of America”. A year ago, I was fresh off the Midnight Sun Festival in Fairbanks, Alaska and my first endeavor into the Special Events Management side of life for a non profit. Today, I work for the International House of Prayer, another non-profit. A year ago, we were gearing up for a new cell group that comprised of young married couples and new Christians. Today, we are longing for the community we held so dear.

The pastor mentioned above is a great man of God. He once told me that his goal once was to be like Jesus. He told me that he gave up on that goal to be replaced by some other. I neglected then to tell him that to me, he was very much like Jesus. When I was at my worst, he didn’t guilt me, he loved me. When I hurt his feelings, he didn’t hold a grudge, he loved me. When I answered the door right after exhaling marijuana and he was on the other side, he asked how I was and loved on me.

So how then, is a person to take it when the pastor says, “you are going to have many vistas to choose from”. It is like a mom cutting the apron strings holding a child close. The vistas have been coming continually. At one point, we thought we were on to something with the Children’s Equipping Center, we actually still do. But it has felt like only half of the puzzle was complete. We have been praying for revelation and clarity. We even called our former and much beloved cell group to fasting and praying for us.

And then it happened another vista appeared. Thanks Pastor. I guess I should be careful what I ask for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home