By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Signs and Wonders Camp '06 III

We are entering the home stretch of the camp. The kids go home Thursday afternoon. I cannot express my gratitude enough to the staff that has put this whole camp on. This is truly an amazing accomplishment.

Last night was the Healing Service. The kids were praying for people from all over the KC Metro area with illness, pain and any other things in that category. As the folks filed out after the service there was a buzz among them. I heard one elderly gentleman say, "As soon as she put her hands on my back I could feel heat pulsing through my back, then all the pain vanished." Another lady said to her friend, "This is awesome, it is what it is all about, having the kids pray was so cool".

My daughter was fried before the service. The lack of sleep, the chaos of all the kids, and lack of a routine was pushing her to her limit. She said she would hang on through the Healing Service. Kassidy is full of faith in God. We have prayed over and over again for God to protect her child heart and build up a solid foundation of faith in Him. We are thankful she has the heart she has.

Last night, at the service, Kassidy prayed for someone. This alone, is a bit outside her comfort zone, but she wanted to. She told me later, "Daddy, all I did was say, in Jesus' name be healed! Then I almost got squished as the lady fell to the floor. She was asleep for about 45 minutes!" Kassidy hasnt even heard terms like slain in the Spirit, or being zapped by God. It was the faith of a child, believing in her God that saw her Maker restore a woman's health right before her very eyes. I say it again folks, HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD?

Continue to pray for these little warriors. This last 24 hours of camp are so crucial in sealing thier hearts and ensuring the seeds planting in their hearts find fertile soil. Also, please continue praying for the leaders of the camp, there hasn't been much sleep or rest for that matter, but they are doing an INCREDIBLE job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home