By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Signs and Wonders Camp '06 II

Oh to be a kid again! After breakfast yesterday, the kids were gearing up for a vicious game of Capture the Flag. My understanding is the outcome was after three games, 2-1 girls!

Monday was a pretty warm day of 95. Thankfully the kids were at the IHOP Mission Base and the pool. The groups were taken care of very well with sessions led by CEC staff, and swimming fun for all. My super big thanks goes to the kitchen staff whom performed admirably under pressure. I was there to witness the very last green beans served much to the amazement of the kitchen crew led by Mrs. Sanitize herself. They all thought the green beans would last until next year. As it turned out, all 250 people were served and finished in just about an hour! WAY TO GO!

The evening progressed into the main session led by the head macho honcho himself, Lenny LaGuardia. They closed the doors, allowed no visitors and pressed deeply into the Word. The comment I got from one of the group leaders was "man, kids were seriously touched tonight. Kids that were having bad attitude had 180 degree turn around and were committed to living a better life". How cool is that, and how Great is our God?

I was shuttle driver extrodinaire after the session. We had planned to be using a big 60 passenger bus and two 'peanut' shuttles, but the big bus just couldn't handle life with all these kids and gave up the fight. With two 15 passengers shuttles, we got all the kids delivered to camp by 11pm. This was just in time for Smores ('cause ya always some more) for the kids and then it was off to bed. I heard this morning that a snipe hunt took place too. No word on the success of this escapade.

Rachel and I left camp at 1230am and were in bed about a half hour later. I was back in the captian's chair of shuttle number 2 (big bus still down) at 7am hauling people tot he much needed showers. Funny part about this, as I took the last load of girls back to camp, their leader told them how good the bus smelled. I laughed and told her that I had noticed how aromatic the bus was after the girls got on, but when I was transporting the boys, I was pretty sure I had somehow picked up a wet dog. Oh well, I guess thats what the pool is for :)

So far, today has gone well, lunch has just completed and Rachel aka Mrs. Sanitize is still standing along with the rest of the kitchen crew. It should be a great night. Please continue to pray for the camp as a whole. Great things are happening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home