By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Fasting and Praying

Tonight, Rachel and I had a discussion with our pastor in Fairbanks. We were discussing with him a lot of topics all related to where we were feeling God was taking us.

We come from a cell based church. We miss the people that were in our cell greatly. If there is one thing that IHOP-KC is not expert in, it is community. That is, unless you go through one of the programs that they have here.

After about an hour on the phone, our pastor said he was going to call a two week period of fasting and praying for breakthrough and revelation for Rachel and I. We told him how great that was of him, but I thought that there were many of the group that aren't even really sure what fasting is all about. After all, it was only this past January that I tried my first fast. In my search of what it is to fast, and how to do it I came upon a message by Misty Edwards from the House of Prayer. It takes about 45 minutes to listen to but LISTEN TO IT. HERE
You will have to scroll down just a bit to were you see "The Fasted Lifestyle" then click on the head phones and it will start automatically. I am pleading with you to listen to this message it will change your life!

As for our cell group in Fairbanks, we miss you and thank you for taking this matter to heart and joining with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home