By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Kansas City, Here We Are!

Ok so we are in Kansas city. We had a great day today. It all started here:
















Cabelas in Mitchell, S.D. I told a friend of mine it was like Disneyland for me. A very hard place to leave. We did good though and only browsed...well except for a few tid bits. Then as we were leaving the register person said that there was a store in KC that is 2x the size. How great is our God :)?

We left Mitchell for the trek to KC. It didn't take long at all before we had turned south onto I-29 and blew through Soiux City. Shortly after, we were passing through Council Bluffs, Iowa. This is right across the river from where I spent 3 years, Omaha Nebraska. I am very glad I am not there anymore.

As the sun was setting we saw a truly magnificent sight. Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of migratory waterfowl flying north up the valley as we entered Missouri. The sky was actually darkened by the birds. I have never seen that many birds in one place. It was wonderful to see.

We are settling in to the hotel we are staying at and going to be taking the next few days to get acquainted with the surrounding a bit. I am also going to posting some more pics that I didnt ahve time to post before and finish the story of what got us here to begin with. Keep praying everyone. Oh for those of you who get up early, or read this often to keep up with us.. leave a comment :) We like getting to know people.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken and Rachel, when I heard about the awful snowstorms I knew there had to be a reason you lost your credit card and got held up! It was one of those "aha! I knew it!" moments when i saw that weather on the TV. We miss you lots!!
Taryn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home