By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Edmonton - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly


Today we spent the majority of the day at the largest indoor waterpark in the world, located in the largest mall in the world.

The GOOD:
The slides were a blast. The whole family thoroughly enjoyed them. The wave pool that you see pictured was a hit as well.

Another good thing was that by arriving early, the whole family got in for $40, equallying about 1/2 of what we thought we were goig to have to pay.

The BAD:
On one particular slide, one that is not that fast or anything, yours truly, managed the impossible on the same run. I broke my watch and lost my credit card. This meant us having to spend abot an hour of our day calling the card company, trying to close the account and arrange another sent to us before we continue our descent toward KC. This means that instead of hitting the road agin in the morning, we will be waiting until most likely Sunday morning.

The UGLY:
I slipped and landed flay on my back scraping my back and elbow and feet. All of which have the appearance of road rash. Not too much longer, I slipped again, this time catching a toe in a drain grate and tearing off a nice portion of meat off a toe. This set of injuries to go along with those received while emptying our house in Fairbanks, (the separated rotator cup, the sprained/strained elbow, the sprained strained wrist), all make me one walking clutz. My parents would say they knew it all along.

All this said, we really did have a good day. We are enjoying our time together as a family. We are doing things we may not have otherwise done, and after it is all said and done, we can thank God.

St. Patty's Day will see us taking in some of the other attractions around town such as The Space and Science Center, the museum, the zoo, and the botanical gardens. It should be a great day. Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home