By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oops...OUCH


I havent been posting due to an accident that occurred last Sunday. We were delivering the furniture that we sold in preparation for our move to KC. In the process, we dropped the couch. The problem was that I tried to play hero and catch it. Our couch was a double reclining sofa so it was heavy. When I caught it with my fingertips, I did damage to the rotator cup, the tendons and ligaments in the elbow, and the tendons in my wrist. I am now getting to wear a sling and a brace for the next several weeks and take motrin until it comes out my ears.

To try and top me, my wife had her lower wisdom teeth removed 2 days ago, surgically. She is all bruised and sore and I feel horrible for her. All of this has slowed our plans a little. We were planning on driving out of Alaska at first light Monday morning. We are now looking at Wednesday.

All the while, God is working in and around us and we are literally praising God for all He is doing. We have gotten to spend some great time with the best man at our wedding and his new WONDERFUL wife. They even came to cell group last night ans we all got to gush over their newlywedness.

Even though I am sore, stiff, and genrally uncomfortable, I can asee God moving in ways that are nearly miraculous. I am going to try and post another time or two before we head out, but if not, LOOK OUT KC.. a whirlwind from the north is approaching.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

Oooh. I'm so sorry that you had such an accident. For myself, I have found that so many obsacles come up when I am leaving for a trip that is so monumental.

I pray that your way is made straight, and you will have a safe and smooth journey to KC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home