By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Selling and Sorting

What a diffence a week makes. A week ago today was my last day at work. My wife and I then decided to sell off stuff and head for KC with our children. We had no idea we would be successful at selling our stuff or that it would be pretty much sold in a matter of 24 hours. Her car sold really without it being listed, almost of our furniture has sold within 1 day of it being listed in the newspaper. On one hand that is great, on the other, that means my phone is going to continue ringing all weekend with nothing to sell.

The sorting of our stuff is a fun task. We were talking last night and we thanked God for preparing us to do this chore. About this time last year, we had our house listed for sale. We sorted and packed up everything except essentials only to decide a few months later that we were going to stay here for a while longer. That process eliminated literally truckloads of 'stuff'. Now we look at what we have left and it really isnt that much. In fact, we decided to take a 5x10 Uhaul trailer and our Durango with us. We are packing he majority of our precious belongings in 18gal. Rubbermaid containers. We figure we can get 36 in the trailer. We may throw an ActionPacker or similar on the roof of the SUV and some road stuff inside. All in all, we are going with very little.

I cannot tell you how excited I am at the possibility of being in a place with next to nothing. It is sort of a whole new start for us. We have looked at a few homes online and scopped out some apartments as well. This is going to be a huge adventure for us that is for sure.

We went by AAA earlier this week and plotted our course for the trip. It is going to be a blast. Probably the highlight being the West Edmonton Mall you all should go there and look at it. It is going to be a blast, and a great 1/2 way point of our trip.

I am still wanting to tell you all "The Rest of the Story", but I havent finished writing it out yet and I have been so busy that I havent even been watching TV or surfing the net. I have to say, I am missing my nightly online golf matches via Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06, not to mention all my blog reading.

Gotta get back to the painting and fixing of the house. Only 10 days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home