By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Praise God Its Cold!

This morning has been a nice and quiet time of reflecting over the past 4 days. With the weather being so cold, we have hunkered down in our house for the most part. This has allowed some nice time with God and and my wife.

We were blessed Friday night with our kids being kept by Mrs. C. The ladies from our cell group had a ladies night, and the men were treated to a feast at the church complete with a message from our pastor about lifting up the gates so the King can come in out of Ps. 24. More on that in another post.

Becuase my lady and I were kid free for the first time since Sept. we decided to go see a movie. Ths is no easy choice. I am at a place in life that is preventing me from enjoyig the stuff I used to. I have stated many times over the past 9 months that I am tired of wasting time. God has a grip on me that you just cant escape. True, we have free will to leave, but I know better. Bottom line is that my time needs to be either pressing into God personally, or doing something to help others press in.

So when we looked at the movies that were playing, we chose End of the Spear . This is an excellent movie. There was a line in it that echoed around all night, "sometimes you have to do what your heart is telling you to do". This sums up very well the past 4 days.

This past 4 days have been a very sweet time. Leading up to the time off, I was feeling more and more that I needed spend time in prayer and fasting. I had never done a fast, so I looked online to see what a fast was about and why do one. I went here and read this line that pinpointed exactly where I was/am:
"So a reason for fasting is not something that you choose on the spur of the moment. Rather the reason is a consuming one. In a sense, it's not something you choose, so much as something that chooses you, because it's that important".

That sums up nicely how I am feeling. But if that wasnt enough, I listened to a message by Misty Edwars (you can click on the headphones to listen to it too).

So come Wednesday night as I went to sleep wondering if God wanted me to do a fast. I decided that I should seek confirmation. I prayed, "God, if it is -45 and I dont have to go to work, that will be my sign". The rest is history. I will post over the next few days some of what God shared with me over this time and what I am going to do about it. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home