By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Too Cold! Time to Ponder

It is 2pm and the sun and is setting in Alaska. It was in fact too cold for business today. I am really happy about that. Not just because I get to stay home with my wife, and kids, but because I get to listen in to the Prayer Room at IHOP more. I also get to rest, get caught up on chores and make some yummy veggie soup. I decided against the moose pot roast I had planned. Perhaps later this weekend.

I have been blogging now for a few weeks and have only gotten 1 comment. What gives people? I am not a 'chatty' type, but I do like to add my thoughts to the thoughts of other bloggers not to mention real life.

So here is the question of the day. Who out there feels like you are in a place in life that is requiring you to search your inner self and why, and what are you doing to find answers? To be fair, I am at a place similar to this. I read another blog at Randy's site
where he was talking about things to do to help you focus on what is important. It is worth reading, but I think there is much more to the discussion.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading about your family (and mine). I am truly blessed to have a son who has always remained true to God in his heart even during the times that "life" appeared just the opposite. I'm also blessed by my "other" daughter, your wife Rachel, who has stood by you through it all and loves God even more than she loves you and the children. You and Rachel are doing a wonderful job raising Kass and Kenny III and those grandbabies (as well as your sister's 3 boys and Lorenzo) bring great joy to my life.
Of course don't want to forget Tangles and his great dog hugs. He's the first pup I've ever met who actually gives hugs to people he knows and loves! He's definitely a keeper.

For anyone out there who is possibly reading Ken's blog. I'll tell you this...He is the real thing. He speaks from his heart and has always "been there" for me. He personally and then later with his family have gone through some very trying times. But after he (and they) started the upward climb he told me "Mom, I knew the choice was mine and the results of those choices would also be mine. I finally had to look into myself and face the things I didn't want to or go totally down. I chose to face them with God's help and He has brought me through."
Ken and Rachel are amazing people. They are both highly intelligent and both totally dedicated to God, each other and their children. I'm not saying they are perfect, only honest in their lives with each other and those with whom they come in contact.
Ken is also quite the regular son and picks on his mom every time I give him an opening! I love you son, and am very proud of and blessed by what you and God have made of your life thus far. Keep striving. Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home