By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Friday the 13th AND Full Moon

I drove out of my neighborhood at 8:15 headed to downtown Fairbanks. I gazed into the sky which was still dark and noticed the moon was full. I have learned over the past several years that the full moon is reason to be extra aware of all things goofy. Today was no different.

When I arrived at work it was clear in moments that I was in for a doozy of a day. Another social agency in our town with a similar name was on top of the fold, front page of the local newspapaer. Apparently, they were served simultaneous warrants at their organization, the church that birthed the organization and at the home of the agency director/pastor of the church.

If this wasn't bad enough, the name of the org. being investigated is very close to the name of the one I work for. The local media that does a quick news blip once an hour during the Today Show in the mornings, repeatedly used my place of enployment as the agency in hot water.

All of this meant that today was officially Freaky Friday and we were in full blown spin mode. By the grace of God we weathered the storm of the day as a staff remarkably well. Everyone kept thier heads, and even though stress was at a high, we stayed diligent to the task at hand.

A press release (the first one in our 20 yr. history), a 1/4 pg. ad in the paper on Sunday and contact with every media outlet in town was accomplished by days end. Not to mention the same material going out to all our affiliated churches and ministries. Can I get a whoa nellie?

I went from work to prayer over the cell groups I am a part of. In the past few weeks, my wife, myself, and Mr and Mrs. C gather to pray beofre cell. This time has proven time and again to be valuable, smart, prophetic and timely.

On the way from prayer to cell I heard a song on KLOVE (dont normally listen to that station or radio at all for that matter) but it was How great is our God by Chris Tomlin. I have heard that song about 6 times in the past few months and every time it strikes something deep. Our God is indeed GREAT.

With all that happened at cell and prayer for friends needing help with thier house, to a marriage that needs some support, to wieghty decisions for future paths of life, to prayer for a child that has intense medical needs, there was no question that God was present. Everyone could sense it. I also believe that there was no question it started by the 'leaders' seeking God before the meetings.

The day ended with all praise and glory to God. As the kids and I drove home from cell, we turned on the radio...guess what was playing..... How Great is our God?!

Really, how great is He?

I am on my face humbled and in awe.

Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home