By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

On with the New Year

Today is January 3rd. I am sitting here waiting patiently for my son to go to sleep. This past week I watched the majority of the Onething 2005 Conference in KC online. What I saw was awesome. The worhip was great, the speaking was powerful and thought provoking and seeing 10,000 young adults crying out to God was incredible.

This was the first New Year that I brought in with praise. I had tears in my eyes watching Merchant Band playing while Mike, Bickle, Allen Hood, Dwayne Roberts and thier children and others danced around happily praising God as the clock struck midnight in KC.

Probably the most touching part of the conference was seeing children aged 5-15 or so dancing and singing in front of the crowd. There was something about how the children were that brought tears to my eyes. They weren't doing this performance becasue their parents marched them up there, they wanted to be up there.

My wife and I are wanting so badly for our kids to experience the real true God. Not the puppet show and coloring pages god that most sunday schools expose their kids to. We want our kids to be living spiritually fulfilling lives. I pray that my children grow to be adults after God's heart.

I am excited to see where my family is in 9 months. Talking with my mom this weekend, we found it a bit uncanny how much has happened with the last 9 months. There is no question that God has birthed something in my family. What will the next 9 months hold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home