By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

My List of Thanksgiving

Here is my list of things I am thankful for. I hope all 2 of you readers are taking the time to reflect on what you are thankful for.

  • God Without Him, I wonder how life would be. I am thankful that I am not searching for fulfillment in life. I amy not have earthly riches, but I have joy in my heart and a growing knowledge of why I am on earth at such a time as this.
  • Family My family brings great joy to my life. From my wife, to my kids, to my parents and in in-laws, to my sister and her family to all the cousins and aunts and uncles out there, they all bring joy to my life and I am proud to be aprt of this family tree.
  • Church Not just the one I am a part of here in KC, but Door of Hope in Fairbanks. I am thankful to be aprt of these congregations and to have relationships with people that will last a lifetime.
  • My "Job" Being the financial manager for Forerunner Media Group is an unbelievably satisfying place to work. In reality it is more of a ministry than a job and the team I work with are tremendous in what they do and as friends.
Now some fun ones:
  • Smoked Salmon We just finished our first course of Thanksgiving which was homemade rolls with Sockeye (Red) salmon that I caught in the Copper River, Alaska, then smoked myself and processed in jars.
  • It's Not -40F In Fairbanks, it is forecast to be near 40 below tonight. No wind, just temp, or lack thereof.
  • Chiggers Are Dormant Coming from Alaska, my family had never experienced these pesky critters. This summer the kids and I all got bit a bunch by them and I still have the scars to prove it.
  • Secada Locusts Are Dead If you dont know what these are, count yourself fortunate! Tey are so loud, it sounds like a alarm for several hours every afternoon. The only saving grace is that it is about 10,000 degrees outside so an Alaskan is not likely tot be out there having to endure them.
  • Sweet Potato Recipe From Ms. C The recipe is divine. The friendship that provided the delectible delights, is even better than the tasty treat.
So leave a comment and tell me a couple things you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home