By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hello... Is There ANYBODY Out There?

What a crazy several weeks this has been. Full of great stuff, full of not so great stuff and full of just plain ol' stuff. We have so many people over for dinners and meetings I am not entirely sure I could count them if I tried.

I have wanted to post many times with events that were unfolding or taking place, but time and sanity woudl not allow me. Right now we are just over 1/2 way through the Intro to IHOP program that our "bosses" wanted us to take. We would have taken this course ourselves only later, but because of our positions within IHOP, we needed to go through this course.

In brief, this course parallels the first semester of the school of ministry here at IHOP KC. Our first class was Excellencies of Christ taught by Allen Hood. We were looking forward to this class with so much anticipation you would have thought it was Christmas Eve. Then tragedy struck and we returned to Alaska for brief visit and memorial service. We basically missed the entire class. The next class we jsut finished today was Biblical Foundations of Eschatology taught by Davied Sliker. Eschatology is the study of End Times. We were pleasantly surprised by this class. While perhaps not agreeing with all of what was presented in the 3 week course, we definitely have mroe info to comb through, with scripture referrences to go with it than EVER before in our lives. We were challenged to search the scriptures and sort this stuff for our selves and we will... we are! We have one more 3 week course to go and then we gear up for ONETHING-KC and 15-20 thousand person event the last 3 days of the year.

WOW!!

But then here is my question. Is there anyone out there reading this that even cares (no not you mom or dad)? We sent out 100 letters to people we know through our church. We have emailed many people. We have left phone messages. It is like people were abducted by aliens or something. It is flat weird. Even if you just causally read this blog and I dont know you.. speak up! Interact! Say hi.

I like to think of myself as an encourager. Often times I am saying things to people that is to pick up their spirits or just to be nice and friendly. Sincere and fun. But here is the question, how long do you continue doing so with it being only a one way street? Weeks? Months? Years? I tell you it is challenging to say the least. Then, after you thinkyou have the answer, think about this. How long did Jesus continue being nice, dare I say LOVE you before you turned to Him and gave Him your heart? Weeks? Months? Years? If we are to truly "be like Jesus" what does that REALLY mean? Turning the other cheek, forgiving AND forgetting, wow! I tell you it is a challenge. I am challenged to love one anther as I would want to be loved. Are you? If you are, tell me about it. I want to know you are out there and what you think!!

3 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
My husband and I read your blog to find out how you are doing in Intro to IHOP. We've signed up for Intro in the Spring and are in the process of making arrangements to move to Kansas City (read: waiting on God for direction). We appreciate your blog - thanks for keeping us informed!

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed what I've read so far. I found your blog after hearing the "TIM REIMHERR" on the onething podcast from IHOP.

I look forward to reading you and will check out your old stuff. Alaska in partcular has called to my heart. I spent 5 wks. in Kokhanok last summer just gently bringing the Kingdom to bear on the village. I hope there will be an increase in ministry their in my future but I can't say right now.

Shalom

 
At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous.... We are praying about going through intro to IHOP in 2008. We are seeking God's will and preparing a budget in case he wants us to go (Either way its good to have a budget). Any preparation ideas would help us as well because we are moving from another state.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home