By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pursuit

I left off the other night with a bit on the "Pursuit of the Holy". This phrase is alive in me right now for the reasons I mentioned in the last post, but there is some behind the scenes stuff going on too. For starters, Pursuit of the Holy is the name of the ONETHING-KC even here at the end of December. I would LOVE to see young people I know come to his event. (sis, can my nephews come? Or even the one that looks like me? ) Take a look at THIS. The fella singing the song is named Tim Reimherr. He is a singer in Merchant Band and I have known him since we were kids.

The second thing going on is a book was released from Forerunner Media Group (where I work) today . Guess what the title is. Yup, Pursuit of the Holy. It is by Corey Russell. He is not well known, but I am telling you as sure as I am typing this, he is a great speaker. He is teaching our Eternal Glory of an intercessor class. THIS CLASS ROCKS! For those of you reading this that are thinking about coming to IHOP-KC and going through INTRO to IHOP, not discounting anything else, but this class makes the whole experience over the top. I heard several people say that the session yesterday was the best session of the past 3 month long journey. You would think that we planned for the title of the book to be the same as the big event of the year later in Dec. but I can assure you it didnt work that way, God is just too cool to let us make that happen. It is way more fun looking back at it and seeing how it "just" happened.

There are so many thoughts going through my head and heart right now that I hardly know where to begin. For starters though, there is so much more to life than big screen Tv's flashy cars, and big houses. To think that we are on this rock, floating through space for no reason at all, or that we came out of some sess pool of slime and billions of years later we became human are ideas I cant grasp. How could it be that we are here, right now, without a reason? How could it be that everything before this moment was meaningless? Could it be that we are here now and that everything before was for such a time as this? Taking it one step further, if we are here for such a time as this, then why? I propose that it is for the Pursuit of the Holy, or to say it another way, to attain the knowledge of God through an intimate relationship with God by praying and dare I say fasting! I leave this with a bit of scripture.

PROVERBS 2:1-8
1
My son, if you receive my words,
And treasure my commands within you,
2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
And apply your heart to understanding;
3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
And lift up your voice for understanding,
4 If you seek her as silver,
And search for her as for hidden treasures;
5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD,
And find the knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding;
7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
He isa shield to those who walk uprightly;
8 He guards the paths of justice,
And preserves the way of His saints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home