By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Painting Round Three and Other Household Duties

I had a brief moment of feeling like Leonardo Dicaprio in Titanic today. I was king of the world. Why, you ask? Because I changed the bathroom fan. This was no easy task. It involved demolition, risk of electrocution, and reassembly with no parts left over (my dad, the expert mechanic knows all about extra parts). All of this was accomplished with a tiny bit of help from my blushing (or is that sunburned) bride. We also have put our neighbors minds at rest and have begun to plant all the plants that have been sitting outside the front of our house for about a week. We are planting a variety of bell peppers and tomatoes, as well as a plethora of other veggies and flowes too numerous to mention. The trees we stuck in the ground last wekend seem to be alive still, but it is anyones guess if they will survive. Worst case scenario is that they are covered under a warranty for up to two years.

We are charging ahead to FINISH the painting in our house tonight. The kitchen and hallway are going to look like the color of Boston Cream Pie. Which frankly, right now, even I would like a slice that is about 35 degrees.

So I am off to finish the painting and the rest of the projects. It is our goal to be able to sit and do 'nothing' this weekend but remember those who have fallen to keep our country free. To my own Veteran, my Dad, I say thank you, now go catch me some fish to drop off on your way back south :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home