By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Massage Please!

We are officially in our new house. I am typing this at 11pm or so, sitting in the Great Room as we call it (because it is so great). I am super tired and sore. Rachel is already passed out and the kids are headed to bed (really late after celbratory pizza and the SpyKids movie via our laptop entertainment ceter).

We worked really hard from 930 this morning and dropped off the UHaul trailer at 630pm. This included 2 stops at people's homes that we had purchased items from over the past couple weeks. This brings up a good point. We bought a washing machine and a gas dryer for 100. They appear to be in great shape, the owners told us that they had used them regularly. Point I am making is that A. They are not new, and B. the washing machine must have a weight over 400lbs. I am pretty sure the bucket the clothes goes in is cast iron. After Rachel and I busted a gut moving it out of the basement of the previous owner, we proceeded to go back to Uhaul and rent the appliance dolly to put the machine in our basement. We are so glad we did. All that said, does anybody out there have a clue how to hook up a gas dryer? We thought the one that was here previously was gas, but ... NOPE. Looks like handyman (right) Ken is going to have figure this beast out too.

We also spent about 6 hours last night painting in our room. We are doing a sponging technique with terra cotta and yellow. It is looking great. I think we are spending Mothers Day in the yard and on the deck, but we still have more painting to do.

Happy Mothers Day to my mom.
She was not just the lady that gave birth to me, but was there through the life threatening injuries as a child.
She counseled me through the dark days of my youth and helped mold me into a young man that she was willing to let live in her house at least 1 more day.
She held my hand through some of my darkest days and never once gave up praying or believing.
She has been able to see her first and only grand-daughter born, and her 4th grandson.
She has been able to see her son grow into all she believed and perhaps even beyond expectations.
My mom, can look at herself in the mirror and know she did a great job. Happy Mother's Day mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home