By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Friday, April 14, 2006

I Love the Number 13

All my life, whether on sports teams, or just painting a number on the Soap Box Derby car, I have loved the number 13. Some people say that it is the unlucky number, to me, I view the number as the underdog. The number that everyone picks on and kicks around. And I love underdogs.

April 15th, I love the number 13 for 13 reasons.

1. 13 years of marriage to a lady that gives Mother Theresa a run for her money.

2. A mother for my kids that men could only dream about; caring, compassionate, fiercly protective.

3. Where vows talk about "for better or worse" and worse was who I was, she never falted, never doubted, just kept LIVING 2 Peter, and praying for me. Thank God she did!

4. A true friend. This lady loves everything I do. She even shot/field dressed/packed out a moose!

5. I love her stubborness! Maybe it is her Irish heritage, (thanks to her dad) but my lady has backbone and will tackle problems head on with a tenacity of a piranha.

6. I love that she makes frugal people rethink how frugal they really are.

7. My wife is original, she isnt trendy, she cares a less what people think of her and she is not afraid to give her opinion.

8. I love the memory of one of our first campouts flyfishing, she fell in the creek right away, got drenched, stood back up and kept fishing...priceless.

9. My bride makes me feel like a king; I know I take it for granted!

10. My lady has a heart the size of Alaska and she shares it with anyone, but especially the poor, needy and helpless.

11. She is an intecessor; without all her prayers over all these years, I tremble thinking about how life would be right now.

12. I love 13 because after all our elementary and high school years of marriage together, we now start the college years, and begin the adulthood of our marriage.

13. 13 is my favorite number because I look back over these years and I KNOW that we are more in love today, than at any point on the journey, and I know just as well, we we will say the same thing tomorrow!

Happy Anniversary Rachel. God gave me a Queen! I love you!

2 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Aberration Nation said...

I can barely read number 13 for I am crying so much, you guys are truly blessed and beautiful and I thank you for including me in the beauty of your lives. I miss you all and I am praying that God will continue to walk closely with thee. You guys have a rare love...always remember how fortunate you are and that what you have is priceless....and it is from God. Bless you and congrats on your new adventure. xoxox

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Aberration Nation said...

I can barely read number 13 for I am crying so much, you guys are truly blessed and beautiful and I thank you for including me in the beauty of your lives. I miss you all and I am praying that God will continue to walk closely with thee. You guys have a rare love...always remember how fortunate you are and that what you have is priceless....and it is from God. Bless you and congrats on your new adventure. xoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home