By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Pneumonia!

After a week of fever and a cough, that was getting worse by the day, I went to the doctor yestrday. Thanks Winnie, for the advice on a place to go. We went to College Park Medical Center. This place is mostly, if not all Christian. While we waited in the lobby for the appointment, an instrumental of "As the Deer Panteth for the Water" played. I hadn't heard that song in years, but has always been one of my favorites.

Dr. Talbert wasted no time diagnosing the crackle in my chest. He knew we didn't have insurance so he gave me a ten day supply of sample antibiotics and prescribed a cough medicine with codiene in hopes I might sleep at night. The whole appointment w/meds was $50. A blessing for sure!

I sit here a little more than 24hrs later and I am felling better. Maybe not a lot better, but better none the less.

Today has been a bit of a strange day. we had a meeting this morning with Lenny and Tracy Laguardia. Lenny is the Director of the Childrens Equipping Center here at IHOP. We felt stronlgy that we should talk to them to see where their hearts are. The time was refreshing. Lenny and Tracy offered themselves to be available on an ongoing basis to help us find our niche, answer questions and just be friends. They just met us!

Through the course of the converstaion we told them about our heart for our kids and that they really are the reason we are here, anything else that takes place is bonus. We want to see the things of God firmly instilled in our Children so that as they enter adulthood, they will be equipped to make sound decisions for thier lives. Lenny and Tracy apparently liked what they heard and even invited us to their once a month CEC (Childrens Equipping Center) leaders meeting at their house later. It wasa really an amazing day watching things happen right before our eyes.

This weekend, Easter weekend, the CEC gets thier own building. For all the years IHOP has been doing the Prayer Room and the School of Ministry and other things, the CEC has never had their own space. As of Sunday however, they get a building of thier own. To hear the story of meager beginnings years ago to what there is now is incredible. Being faithful in the small things (and small rooms) for all these years has paid off with the CEC being blessed with a place that can house thier ministry. We saw the floor plan today and I am excited! This building will be equipping kids for a long time to come.

So things are starting to heat up here in many ways. It is even supposed to be near 90 on Thursday. On one hand I love the heat, on the other, I miss the Alaskan breakup. The sight of the first bits of ground that were covered for months with snow. I miss the increase of blood flow with the onset of bear hunting and fishing season. Most of all, I miss the friends up there that we would be inviting over for cookouts. Keep P R A Y I N G (did I speel it right Shari?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home