By the Grace of God

Reflecting over time, looking forward and believing God has something in store bigger than anyone can imagine. This is my way of scribing all the events as they come to pass so that people can know me and perhaps a bit more about themselves.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Gutter Cleaning and Other Chores

Coming from Alaska, I had not experienced the joy of cleaning gutters until yesterday and today. I am here to tell you, it is not easy. all sorts of things are found in gutters, among them were a spiderman toy, a sock, and a snake skin. Not only did I clean the gutters on our new house, but did the ones at the place we were renting too. They needed it BAD. Maple trees have a seed that falls in the summer that I used to call 'helicopters' when I lived in Omaha as a boy. They make a mess. I bet I could have filled a wheelbarrow with what I took out of te gutters.

Some of the other chores have consisted of cleaning up the mess the movers made when they packed up the previous owner, arranging furniture over and over again, unpacking boxes like a mad man, and BBQing. Our neighborhood is having a garage sale for the whole neighborhood this weekend and anyone that wants to participate can. We are hoping to have gone throguh our stuff enough by then to get rid of a few odds and ends.. and perhaps one particular waterbed.

Yesterday was my sweeties birthday and we did our traditional thing of visiting nursieries (for plans not humans). Thing is, that in KC, they dont mess around. The one we visited has golf carts for you to drive around on because the acreage of fauna is so vast! We were looking for fruit trees and came home with 2. One is a 4 in 1 Apple tree it has Fuji, Gala, and 2 other types on the same tree. The other tree is a Bing cherry. I love bing cherries, and I love cherry pie :-) I am not sure if it is going to prodice this year, but it will be fun in time. We also bought a week or so ago, a peach tree. So, we should have some fruit to pick and we plan to plant the garden over the next week. A little late for here, but hey, at least we get to play in the dirt.

I have to run along now and go grocery shopping. Rachel is battling a migrane and I am batling the kids. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home